Welcome to West Lulworth    

The beautiful village of West Lulworth is in the Purbeck district of Dorset, England, situated on the English Channel coast.

1stairhole_440
1west_lulworth_440
2
91
Castle Inn
Chris the Stone-painter
Chrissy
Cynthia
Doll
Durdle Door
Durdle Door 2
Fresh winds at Durdle Door
Holy Trinity
Jurassic-Coast_002
Lulworth from the West
Main Street
New Multi Sports Area
St Oswald
Street Sign
The Bucket tree
The Castle Inn West Lulworth
The Spring
View to the East
Village shop
West Lulworth
The village is a gateway to the Jurassic Coast world heritage site and is a popular tourist destination, especially for day trips. The village has a first school, several small hotels, pubs and a general store. The Castle Inn is one of the oldest pubs in Dorset dating from the 16th Century and has original woodwork and a delicate thatched roof. There is a Church of England church, Holy Trinity. Originally the church was in the village centre, but was demolished in 1869 although the old churchyard still remains. The present church, built of local stone taken from the Cove replaced it.

West Lulworth is dominated by two hills. To the east is Bindon Hill and Hambury Tout, to the west, a 170m high ridge, which has extensive remains of Iron Age earthworks.