Welcome to West Lulworth
The beautiful village of West Lulworth is in the Purbeck district of Dorset, England, situated on the English Channel coast.
The village is a gateway to the Jurassic Coast world heritage site and is a popular tourist destination, especially for day trips. The village has a first school, several small hotels, pubs and a general store. The Castle Inn is one of the oldest pubs in Dorset dating from the 16th Century and has original woodwork and a delicate thatched roof. There is a Church of England church, Holy Trinity. Originally the church was in the village centre, but was demolished in 1869 although the old churchyard still remains. The present church, built of local stone taken from the Cove replaced it.
West Lulworth is dominated by two hills. To the east is Bindon Hill and Hambury Tout, to the west, a 170m high ridge, which has extensive remains of Iron Age earthworks.